Saturday, August 23, 2008

30 Dates in 30 Days - Day 4, Rescheduled Date

Hello my friends! As the title indicates, I did reschedule Friday's date with George for Saturday afternoon. I had an exhausting last day in Pediatrics and didn't leave the office until 7. Plus the weather was horrible. I thought perhaps I'd go out and meet Brooke and everyone later in the night, but I was fast asleep by 8:30! All this dating is exhausting!!

But, I still have something humorous to write for you!! As you know my picture and email are on the 95sx website so that people can write me and ask me for a date. Nobody had done that until yesterday, which was not the best day, probably, for someone to do so. So, this guy with absolutely horrible grammar wrote me an email asking me for a date. Immediately I look him up on facebook (no account) and MySpace (of course). Well this guy has sent me random messages on MySpace on a number of occasions. What a loser. Anyway, I ponder the situation, and in the spirit of the program I say yes, sure we can go on a date. Now, this is one essential flaw of the 30 Date in 30 Days. Just because I'm doing it does not mean that I am desperate for dates. In fact, it's quite the opposite! I have very little faith in the male population. If I happen to meet one that I don't think is stupid which is not very often, then I pretty much assume that in the long run he's not going to stick around for my health issues. And you know, why should he? But anyway, back to my point, no I am not desperate to go out with anything walking around that happens to have a penis.

I've finished with the introductions, and I feel that the best way to show what I'm dealing with here is to actually share the email conversations. When I say, bad grammar, I don't think it's possible for me to describe it well enough without sharing it.

Emails:

Subject: i see your doing the 30dates in 30 days lets make a date

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 1:59 pm (him to me)

hey there! i live in summerville and im 5'11 dark blonde hair blue eyes. im a full time fierfighter and i also volunteer at a fire department as well. i would like to take u out on a date. i see that you are one of the lovely ladies doing to 30 dates in 30 days. i use to live in granville,il its near lasalle-peru,il. so i think we might have a few things the same. how are u liking it down here in charleston? i think we might have fun together who knows it might work out to where you would let me take u on a second date or we just become friends. hope to hear from u soon.robert gray

----------

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 2:43 pm (me to him)

Okay, we can go on a date. What day?Theresa

----------

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 2:49 pm (him to me)

i was thinking about next friday or saturday i dont have off till then and i thought it would give us time to talk and get to know each other a bit

----------

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 2:52 pm (me to him)

Hmm, you really want a prime time night, huh? That seems awful far away since I have to go out on dates every single night. But I'd consider Saturday afternoon since it's a first date.

----------

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 2:54 pm (him to me)who are u doing and what all do u like to do???

----------*** who am I doing? wtf??*** (narrative)

----------

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 3:02 pm (me to him)

I don't really understand the first part of your questions.

----------

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 3:04 pm (him to me)

thats kool i just have class and work alot this week and im free on friday and saturday. would u wan t to chat on the phone till then?? what all do u like to do??

----------

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 3:05 pm (him to me)

sure type and trying to help a friends with some class work. what all do u like to do? would u wantto chat on the phone till our date??

----------

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 4:18 pm (him to me)what do u like to do??

----------

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 4:56 pm (him to me)

u want to get together saturday afternoon then??

----------

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 5:18 pm (me to him)

Yes. Saturday afternoon will work. I won't have time to talk on the phone before then. I just got a promotion and will be very busy at work and also will being going on other dates every night. So, email you next Friday and see what you have in mind to do. I'm afraid you're on your own as to thinking of something original to do.Theresa

----------

Date:Fri, 22 Aug 2008 5:31 pm (him to me)

ok i have a few things in mind that we could do.

----------

Okay, that was the end of the email correspondence. That last email is really on the verge of being perverse I think. Maybe not, maybe I'm too hard on the guy. So that is one for next week. The next 95sx mixer is Monday. So, I'll have to catch up on some dates somehow. I guess what really bothers me about this dude is that he writes like he's some high school kid texting or writing on IM. "kool?" give me a break. Makes me think he tries to hook up with minors in his spare time. He's writing an email to someone he knows is a 31 year old accountant, the least he could do is write properly. But at the very least you will have something amusing to read in the aftermath! Also, for the record, Friday and Saturday night dates will be reserved for really hot dudes or second dates.

Today George is supposed to call me around noon and we'll have lunch. He's insisting on paying me back with cash in addition to taking me out today. Let ya know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment