Sunday, August 31, 2008

30 Dates in 30 Days, Day 10, Date 5

NOTE: This is a late recap of my lunch date with Brian on Thursday, August 28th.

Lori set me up with, or really sent me the email of, a guy that was willing to participate in my dating challenge. We had a few pleasant emails and set a lunch date for Thursday at The Wycliffe House on campus. We had originally agreed to meet at 11:00, but then he moved it to 11:30 because his class would probably run late and he didn't want to risk standing me up. That was a good move, as his class didn't get out until right about then and I waited four minutes outside for him to arrive.

He ordered the sandwich special of the day and I had one of their salads. I don't usually eat salad, but I found myself feeling jealous of Mike and Bart's salads on Tuesday when we all went to lunch. Brian and I decided to sit outside because I thought I'd be cold inside. Turns out I was pretty hot sitting outside, so he much have been steaming. But, he had agreed to sit there saying he's from James Island and can handle the heat. I still think in retrospect we would have been more comfortable sitting inside, but when I said that at the end he said, "Vitamin D prevents Rickets and Osteomalacia." Too bad I already have Osteoporosis so too late preventing it! :)

We had a pretty geeky conversation about online chess, and Wired magazine, and the subject he's going to school for, Bioinformatics. Now Bioinformatics is something I think is so cool, and something I know almost nothing about since it's so new and SO complex - but I had read a little about it. Needless to say, I'm impressed with him intellectually. We talked a wee bit about my job. The conversation went well with appropriate breaks while eating. Then we had a little time left so he walked me back to my office and we sat on the benches in the courtyard (in the shade) and talked a little bit more.

I told him a little about the 30 Dates in 30 Days and how I'd been writing a blog. He told me to feel free to embellish our date in order the make the blog funnier. The thing is, I'm sure if I did that it would be hilarious, but then everyone would believe me because of the dates so far, and if it got out that I'd made anything up then it would ruin my reputation as an aspiring blog writer :)

I couldn't write this blog right after our date and then I had another date Thursday night, so I didn't have time then either, so please accept my apologies for not blogging this sooner.

I emailed him after our date and asked if he had a good time, and to let me know if he wants to go out again. He answered that he did have a good time, but he answered "sure" to the part about going out again, and I'm not certain if he means "sure, I would like to go out again," or "Sure I'll let you know if I want to go out again." I guess I better ask him and find out.

In other news, I lost the guy that was emailing me from the website. You remember, the "feirman" who likes "japaness" food. I emailed him Wednesday night to tell him that I couldn't have a date on noon Saturday because I had scheduled a meeting with my Dad at 10:00. I also told him that I don't think we are connecting very well over email I guess he didn't like that because he's not emailed again.

Also, George has never called or text since last Saturday.

There was one more date this night and I will write about it in a separate blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment