I did have a fail today on the way to the gym. I realized when I'd driven half way that I'd forgotten my perfectly set out work clothes at home. So, I had to turn around and go back, and start again. Well, at least I didn't realize that at the end, which has also happened in the past.
The workout itself went about as I expected.
- Leg Press 90 lbs x 16 reps x 2 sets --> must increase weight
- Leg Extension 35 lbs x 12 reps x 2 sets --. I will leave this the same for next time
- Leg Curl 35 lbs x 16 first set, 35 lbs x 12 second set --> Increase to 40 lbs for next time
- Rows 30 lbs x 10 first set, 40 lbs x 10 second set --> Use 40 lbs next time
- Push ups 10 x 2 sets --> These were of poor structure, so I'll do the same amount next time
- Standard Leg Lifts 15 seconds x 5 sets --> doing 20 sets of these or any abs was totally unrealistic
- Supermans 15 seconds x 5 sets
- Scissors 15 reps x 5 sets
- Thrusters --> I skipped these!
Overall I'm pretty happy with this first workout day. I completed the main goal of getting up and getting to the gym, and working out. I even did nearly everything on my list. My abs are weak now and that makes me sad, but they will come back quickly.
So now I will prepare tomorrow mornings weight training + swimming workout and post it later tonight!
Today when I was at the gym one of the employees had a shirt on that said,
"Training is the opposite of hoping."I really liked that shirt.