Sunday, March 1, 2009

Confessions of a Snuggie Wearer

Today I discovered that at least one of my friends does not know about Snuggies. So first, the Snuggie infomercial:

https://www.getsnuggie.com

Now, does this make you nervous? It still makes me feel weird. Snuggie seems so strange. When I see this commercial I, too, think, "What dork would wear that? OMG how dumb! What kind of loser would wear it to a sports function?" This is a common theme! You are not alone! Please see the following video for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05ZQ7WHw8Y

Please notice the stealth fashion in which the book light operates! It opens up like a cobra, so sleek and smooth! I literally opened it 65 times the first day!

So, how did I come about to own a Snuggie? My Dad! He was moved by this commercial, and searched out two rare Snuggies for his two best daughters, me and Beth! He thought about how cold we always are, how frustrated we felt by the normal use of blankets and the struggle to eat and blog and hold our kitties with them! Surely our life would be enhanced by Snuggie ownership!

At first I was confused and scared by this strange gift. Would some paparazzi obsessed with my blogs snap a picture of me and ruin my image? Would the Google Earth post a picture of me in a Snuggie? My hotness image would be ruined!One day I put my Snuggie on. I'm now a changed woman. Too cold no more! Hands and arms free to do what I please! The Snuggie also provides plenty of room in the case that I gain nearly 100 lbs! My life is so much better I'm almost unrecognizable! Just like the commercials, I always smile in my Snuggie. My body actually prohibits me from being able to read a book without it. I have adapted to Snuggie use.

Sometimes I must alter the Snuggie ever so slightly. In order to walk around the house in Snuggie without tripping and falling on my arse - "I've fallen, and I can't get up!" - I have added a stylish belt. This provides a more mobile Snuggie, and also the added benefit of looking like a monk. I've also found it useful for image purposes while practicing witchcraft. The belted Snuggie also adds the precious back coverage.

This is especially important for escaping the hospital gown, ass hanging out look. Speaking of hospital gowns, I believe they should all be converted to Snuggies. So much warmer! So much softer! Easier to rip off in the case of an emergency heart attack situation.

Speaking of ripping it off? Where does that YouTube parity get off saying it will ruin your sex life? Surely anything so easily removed would be beneficial.

The Snuggie is so cool that Snuggie Pub Crawls are planned across the nation:

http://www.snuggiepubcrawl.com/Locations/Boston/

Thanks to Eugene, I know about the Snugglette! Boy I sure wish that pretty pink color came in the adult sizes!

https://www.snugglette.com

I can't wait to have a whole family of my own so we can all wear our Snuggie/Snugglettes with pride!

So many people love the Snuggie that there are people actually bootlegging the pattern! How outrageous!

In closing, I will sing my new awesome song, to the tune of the old 80's toy, My Buddy:

My Snuggie, My Snuggie, Wherever I go, she goes! ... My Snuggie and Me!

yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment